Ada CFP menarik. Mungkinkah bisa mengirim 1 paper ke sini ya ? Tapi deadlinenya 3 bulan lagi. Dou shiyou ?
EURASIP JOURNAL ON IMAGE AND VIDEO PROCESSING
SPECIAL ISSUE ON IMAGE AND VIDEO PROCESSING FOR CULTURAL HERITAGE
CALL FOR PAPERS
Digital imaging and 3D modeling are nowadays extensively employed to capture, conserve, describe and render cultural artifacts such as buildings and monuments, archaeological sites, artworks (paintings, sculptures, etc.), manuscripts, books and other objects of artistic, historical or archaeological interest. Computer vision, graphics, image and signal processing are essential instruments for virtual and physical restoration, analysis, documentation, classification and recognition of the artifact content. The ultimate goal is to facilitate the access and study of our cultural heritage by the public and scholars alike, and to ensure its preservation for the future. Processing and analysis of visual cultural heritage data does not merely exploit and apply standard techniques, already developed for other applications, but often entails original and challenging research specific to this domain. The creation of structured digital libraries, delivering to the users content that fits their specific needs, without redundancy, and on their preferred devices, requires the development of accurate and fast feature extraction, and semantically powerful indexing and retrieval tools, capable of dealing with different standards and formats. Advances in digitization and networking, by facilitating uncontrolled distribution and copying of important documents, create a need for protection against improper usage and preservation of integrity and authenticity. The often low quality and high complexity of the content requires high resolution, multispectral and multisensory 2D and 3D digital acquisition, to enrich documentation and representation, recover hidden or masked information, and facilitate analysis and restoration of cultural artifacts.
This Special Issue aims to address these and other challenging issues, and will highlight new approaches to the exciting field of cultural heritage imaging. High quality, original contributions on the following
(non-exhaustive) list of topics are solicited:
* High resolution 2D and 3D digital representations, correction of degradations and quality evaluation;
* Multispectral, multisensory, multiresolution, multiframe, and high dynamic range imaging; data registration, integration and mosaicing;
* Signal, image processing and 3D modelling to assist physical restoration;
* Extraction, recognition, classification and enhancement of features, structures and content;
* Digital restoration of damaged artworks (films, photographs, paintings, frescos, manuscripts, etc);
* Storage, handling, transmission, processing and visualization of large data sets;
* Visualization of archaeological sites: temporal evolution, uncertainty in the model, GIS layers;
* Large scale multimedia databases of artworks; archival, indexing and retrieval;
* Automatic artist/creator or artistic style recognition, detection of forgery/fakes and dating of artwork;
* Copyright protection and IPR management;
* Virtual and augmented reality; user-centered visual applications for museums, digital art repositories and edutainment.
Authors should follow the EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing manuscript format described at: http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ivp/.
Prospective authors should submit an electronic copy of their complete manuscripts through the journal Manuscript Tracking System at: http://mts.hindawi.com/
Manuscript Due: February 1, 2009
First Round of Reviews: May 1, 2009
Publication Date: August 1, 2009
Anna Tonazzini firstname.lastname@example.org Istituto di Scienza e Tecnologie dell’Informazione – CNR, Pisa, Italy
Luc Van Gool email@example.com Computer Vision Lab, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, and ESAT/PSI/Visics, Katholieke Un. Leuven, Belgium
Nikos Nikolaidis firstname.lastname@example.org Department of Informatics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Vincent Charvillat email@example.com ENSEEIHT et Institut de Recherche en Informatique de Toulouse IRIT CNRS 5505