This year, finally we have a laboratory with research activities focused on image processing. Research topics in this laboratory are:
- ICT for Tropical Disease: Computer Aided Diagnosis for Malaria Status Identification based on Thin Blood Smears Microphotograph
- Multimodal biometrics for next generation of Indonesian e-ID
The research is supported by one grant in 2012 and two grants in 2013:
- Research Grant from Indonesian Ministry of Research & Technology, 2012, “Pengembangan Sistem Computer Aided Diagnosis berbasis Free Open Source Software (FOSS) untuk Diagnosa Dini Malaria dari Citra Mikroskopis Sel Darah Merah” (Development of Computer Aided Diagnosis based on Free Open Source Software from Microscopic Images Obtained from Malaria Thin Blood Smears), RT-2012-121. This grant is continuation of the previous year: RT-2011-2013. My role is as Principal Investigator of both.
- Research Grant “SINAS” from Indonesian Ministry of Research & Technology, for financial year 2013, RT-2013-1098, Pengembangan “Portable Malaria Detector” : Instrumentasi Medis untuk Diagnosa Dini Malaria (Development of Portable Malaria Detector: Medical Instrumentation for early diagnosis of Malaria), Principal Investigator ( announced: 13 Desember 2012 )
- Research Grant “SINAS” from Indonesian Ministry of Research & Technology, for financial year 2013, RT-2013-0880 Pengembangan Sistem Identifikasi berbasis Multimodal Biometrics untuk e-KTP Generasi Kedua (Development of Multimodal Biometrics Identification System for Indonesian e-ID), team member
We also have lab. model of Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS) and Key Management System (KMS), in front of the Image Processing Laboratory. Both of them are in the second floor. In the first floor, we have Smart Card Laboratory. Laboratory for AFIS & KMS, and Laboratory for Smart Card are laboratorium models of Indonesian national project e-KTP. Many scientific adventures are waiting in 2013.